Learn about the essence of photography and turn it into your own creative passion. This intense 1-to-1 personal photography course is tailored perfectly to suit your needs and expectations.
Before we begin, I will ask you a few questions to understand what your current skills are and what would you like to achieve. It is important to me sending you on your merry way, armed with advanced skills and knowledge into the world of photography.
Coaching is exclusively in natural light. No artificial light / strobes / flash used.
BEGINNER PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
€149, 2-3 hours Cork City (outdoor workshop & editing session on computer)
– How is photography used in today’s world and why does it have its own trends?
– Understanding your camera
– Why does everybody talk about the “light”?
– Consulting images and how to improve your composition
– How to achieve depth of field even with a regular lens
– Basic image editing, resizing, difference between RAW and JPEG explained
– What is the best way to post your work on social media?
– Watermarks: yay or nay?
ADVANCED PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
€249, 2-3 hours Cork City (outdoor workshop & editing session on computer)
Focused on portraits/full body images with models on location
– Professional model on set
– How to use natural light and shadows to your best advantage
– How to use harsh Irish light and dull overcast to make it work for you
– How to use a reflector and why it’s also good to use its black side
– Learn about posing your model
– Advanced editing in Photoshop CS6, learn about actions and presets
– Consulting your images from the shoot and editing them afterwards
Both sessions include a 2 week after-consultation. In order to bring your new knowledge into action, I am available to consult any new images you’ve taken and I am more than happy to provide constructive and supportive feedback.
BEGINNER PHOTO EDITING COURSE
€89, 1-2 hours Cork City (editing session on a computer)
We will work on a MacBook with Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 installed. I will guide you through the basics of both applications and explain the features and benefits of each.
You can then choose the content of your course depending on your skills, needs and knowledge. Here are a few points we will cover:
– Difference between Jpeg and Raw files, and how to work with Camera Raw
– Using actions and presets in both LR and CS6
– Working with layers, masks and blending modes
– Editing your images and sample images from my own gallery to demonstrate techniques
– What is good to know about the skin and how to retouch it to make it look natural
– How to edit female portraits and what to focus on to perfectly optimise the image to make the customer happy